Tutorial: how to make organized notes.
- Read the objectives of the lecture. If there aren’t any, flip through the lecture slides and make an outline. This puts into perspective what you need to be learning and what you should get out of this lecture.
- Skim the book to get familiar with how the information is divided compared to your outline or objectives. While doing this, you’ll figure out whether or not you need the extra details from the book. Sometimes the lecture is enough and you could keep the textbook just as a reference to things you don’t get.
- Write down the first objective and flip to the page in the book that has the information pertaining to that objective. Read the lecture slide then refer to the book for details.
- Combine your lecture notes with the textbook information. Do this by rewriting the information in your own words and try to be as concise as possible.
- Keep doing this for every objective. Paste things if it helps.
- Make sure that you’re not just copying information. Use visual aids as much as possible. Put the information in a table, flowchart, diagram, etc.. (refer to this post to see how I make my flowcharts).
- When you’re done with all your objectives, go through the lecture and your notes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
General tips on how to keep them organized:
- Be systemic. Making objective-oriented notes is one way to do that.
- Use two (or more colors). Color-coding information helps me remember it + it doesn’t look that bad.
- Section your objectives according to the topic. Then make sure that when you’re writing out the information, it’s in a sequence that’s understandable.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making my notes since I started med school. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
Hope this helps and as always, happy studying :)
the boy is gone for a week. I made a sad playlist to mope to.
you’re too far away (x)
1) Summer In The City - Regina Spektor 2) Come Home - One Republic 3) Cannonball - Damien Rice 4) Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros 6) Honey Come Home - The Head and the Heart 7) Crazy For You - Adele 8) Reminder - Mumford and Sons 9) Here (In Your Arms) - Hellogoodbye 10) Say Yes - Elliot Smith 11) You Really Got A Hold On Me - She & Him 12) I’m On Fire - Mumford and Sons 13) It Won’t Be Long - The Beatles 14) Transaatlanticism - Death Cab For Cutie 15) Luv, Hold Me Down - Drowners 16) I Still Miss Someone - Johnny Cash
To all the Tumblr users who tend to use tags very liberally:
Let’s play a game.
Type the following words into your tags box, then post the first automatic tag that comes up.
you, also, what, when, why, how, look, because, never
* do not remove the caption :) *
Which girl does not want to look like a queen?
Well, I found some really good links where you find awesome DIY make up and beauty tips! You should check it out ♥
Do It Yourself:
Tricks and Hacks:
And here’s an example how you should NOT do it , omg:
» Enjoy clicking through the links I prepared for you! I hope that some of the things can help you and make your life a little bit easier with all these great DIY tips ♥ Love lots! «
I never knew that eye make up can look THAT bad … oh my -
I can’t believe I was doing my nails all wrong, these tips really helped omg
Don’t date someone you wouldn’t own a dog with
This is like really sound advice though
The leg up at the end tho.
I like the coach, putting his hands on his knees like, “Welp, that wasn’t it.”
i was almost like “oh man that sucks” and then her leg popped and i fucking lost it
That leg is killing me
I’m sorry this was all I could see forgive me
IT’S. A. FUCKING. TURTLE.
Polish doctor that refused to perform abortion named a “hero”
Dr Bogdan Chazan was visited by an expecting mother (32 weeks into pregnancy), who already had 5 miscarriages before and was worried about her health. It turned out that the fetus had hydrocephalus, undeveloped brain and was missing many bones from its skull. The Doctor refused to perform an abortion and didn’t send the woman to another hospital which could do so (according to polish law, if a doctor doesn’t want to perform an abortion, he has to choose another hospital which will agree to do so). Chazan was named a “local hero” and “true warrior of Jesus in the name of life of the unborn” by many polish politicians and catholic activists. He used conscience clause as an excuse for his actions.
The woman gave birth to the child through a C-section. She and her husband spent 10 painful days watching their deformed child die a horrible death. When she finally decided to speak out, she said:
“During these 10 days, no priest, no pro life activist or even dr Chazan came to see the child, to ask if they can help. It was really hard to look at our child. We knew what was coming, but it was still very hard to cope with”
Congratulations, pro-lifers - another “life” saved, another “happy” child and “happy” family.
Absolute cunt of a man
The WORLD is turning to shit.
There’s this girl at my school and she’s really nice and I remember sometime last year at one point she would carry a clicker around and click it everytime she had a happy thought/something good happened/she laughed etc.
It was always kind of cute how you’d just hear the little click every once in a while throughout class it always made me smile knowing that it was bc something made her feel happy idk
she was training herself to be happy oh my god
Bret McKenzie talking about being in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (x)